Famed auction house Sotheby’s kicks off the autumn season with their Important Jewels sale this coming September 24-25. Here’s a look at the top color diamonds set to go under the hammer during that auction.
1. Platinum, 18 Karat Rose Gold, Fancy Light Blue Diamond and Diamond Ring
This stunning ring features a 3.55-carat Fancy Light blue diamond framed by 0.25 carats of diamonds with a pink hue and further surrounded by 0.60 carats of white diamonds. The ring is expected to sell for between $627,000 and $693,000 (CAD).
2. Platinum, 18 Karat Gold, Fancy Colored Diamond and Diamond Pendant Necklace
An amazing necklace featuring a pear-shaped white diamond weighing in at 5.20 carats suspended from a round Fancy Pink-Purple diamond weighing .71 carats. The piece is expected to sell for between $297,000 and $363,000.
3. 18 Karat Two-Color Gold, Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond and Diamond Ring
A massive 15.83-carat emerald cut Fancy Intense yellow diamond headlines this ring framed by .45 carats of round, white diamonds. The pre-auction estimate is set between $264,000 and $396,000 though considering the size of the stone, it could go for much higher.
4. Pair of Platinum, 18 Karat Gold, Fancy Vivid Yellow Diamond and Diamond Earrings
Expected to sell for between $237,000 and $290,000, these earrings are centered by cushion-cut Fancy Vivid Yellow diamonds weighing 3.10 and 3.03 carats. These stones are then surrounded by petals set with 24 pear-shaped white diamonds weighing in at 16.53 carats and then further surrounded by 0.80 carats of round white diamonds.
5. Pair of 18 Karat Gold and Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond Earstuds
These earstuds feature cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant-cut Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds weighing in at 5.02 carats each. These pieces have a pre-auction estimate of between $237,000 and $290,000.