The Fancy Colour Research Foundation (FCRF) was launched earlier today “to promote fair trade and ethics in the fancy color diamond industry.”
Along with the launch, the independent, non-profit organization released a financial index regarding color diamonds that included some fascinating information about the rare gems.
We broke down the main points from the index as it related to the recent investment history of color diamonds.
- Fancy color diamonds have outperformed most key global assets since January 2005
- Pink diamonds have increased in value by 360% in the last nine years
- Blue diamonds have increased in value by 161% in the last nine years
- Pink, yellow and blue diamonds have combined to increase in value by 167% in the last nine years
- The value of color diamonds such as blue and pink were unaffected by the global financial crisis of 2008-2010